Saturday, January 17, 2009

Good to Know About

This is my neighbor Sarah's bunny. Honey. She appears here for no other reason than looking at pictures of bunnies is never a bad thing.
Honey does not have an ipod, and does not listen to podcasts. She does not get bored driving around doing errands or going to long island or new jersey, which I am too lazy to capitalize. But I do. And maybe you do too.
So do you know about the Moth? The Moth is a storytelling event that happens once a week (live) in NYC and once a month in LA. The stories are told by famous people (Malcom Gladwell, Garrison Keilor, Adam Gopnick) and also regular folks. Most of the stories are riveting and fabulous, while also being entertaining and funny. Embarrassing high school stories, divorced parents at one's bar mitzvah stories, bad boyfriend/girlfriend stories, touching funny ridiculous tales of families just being themselves: crazy.
The great news is that The Moth produces a FREE weekly podcast that you can get on itunes or find at
www.themoth.org/ where you can also learn more about the whole thing. This gets 5 stars from me HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Oh, and by the way, I redid my website, ALL BY MYSELF, and it looks so great, you should see it.
www.julianascreations.com/ and yes, I did all the photography too.

No comments: